My wife and I woke up this morning, went for a short walk, and then opened our gifts. I love the gifts she gave me!
- A brand new BIC four-color pen. I carry a pen and notebook everywhere I go. I like to draw and add notes, so having multiple colors ready to go is useful.
- Two brand new Whitelines pocket-sized notebooks. She gave me a white and black one. The Whitelines notebooks are wonderful. (You can read why here.) These are my first pocket-sized versions, and I am looking forward to carrying them around.
- Joey Asher's really short book 15 Minutes Including Q&A. This book is only about 100 small pages. I have Joey's book Even a Geek Can Speak and it is worth reading (though the style is too casual for my taste). I am looking forward to getting into this book.
- Garr Reynolds' Presenation Zen Design. I've read Garr's book Presentation Zen, enjoyed it immensely, and found it valuable. I also follow Garr's blog closely. I'm looking forward to this book as well.
- Edward Tufte's The Visual Display of Quantitative Information. I've read this book a couple of times, but borrowed it from the library. I now have my very own copy and am excited to read it again! I love the book's style, graphics, paper, fonts, and ideas.
What a fantastic Christmas!